Posted on October 21st, 2010 15 comments
Our quality PDF Recovery Tool enables the end user to restore information from damaged PDF files that may otherwise be difficult to recover.
eRepair PDF is an effective solution for repairing corrupt or damaged PDF data files that would otherwise be irreparable using other methods. Just like other data Portable Document Format or PDF files are vulnerable to glitches that are caused by a number of factors including viruses or malware, disk failures, and unexplained events that can cause files to become damaged or corrupt. Since PDF is the international standard format for portable electronic documents you cannot afford to be without a recovery tool that will save you time and money repairing damaged PDF files.
What PDF Recovery Tool Can Recover
eRepair PDF is designed for recovering data from corrupt PDF files using a high quality proprietary recovery engine with a user-friendly interface that is convenient for novices to intermediate and advanced users. eRepair PDF is capable of recovering:
- Tables of Internal Cross-Links: There are internal tables and cross-links that make up the anatomy of a PDF document. If these components become damaged or corrupt it can render the PDF document unreadable. PDF Repair utility will help you to restore the components so you can recover the original document structure.
- PDF File Content: PDF files often contain graphics and hyperlinks in addition to the conventional text and object forms. When you use eRepair PDF the program is capable of recovering these elements in the event they become damaged for any reason.
- PDF File Version and Page Size: When you create PDF files they have parameters that define the file version and page size. When this information becomes damaged PDF Recovery Tool will allow you to add the parameter definitions manually.
- Metadata: eRepair PDF is capable of restoring any metadata that is present in the PDF file such as fonts, HTML, images, and other elements. When these components become damaged or corrupt they can be nearly impossible to recover. Depending upon the extent of the damage our PDF recovery tool can help you restore the elements without having to spend hours trying to figure out a method for recovery.
eRepair PDF also offers a range of settings that allow users to increase the number of documents you can recover without modifying the original document. Instead, when you work with the documents the program simply reads and analyzes the data that is contained in the PDF file. Although the original document is not modified we recommend making a backup copy of the original PDF file to provide piece of mind before starting the recovery process.
How PDF Recovery Tool Works
eRepair PDF is available as a Demo version which is a free trial and the Full version which is a commercial program for professionals and businesses. If you choose the Demo version there are no limitations on document analysis and preview however it is only possible to save the initial page of the PDF document. That said here is a basic overview of how the eRepair PDF tool works:
- Choose the File You Want to Repair: You start the process by selecting the file you want to repair which can be accomplished by entering the name of the file, choosing the file from a list of previously opened files, or by using the “Open File” feature.
- Configure the Settings: In this step you configure the document settings to define the page size and orientation.
- Document Analysis: Once you configure the settings the software will analyze the document to determine what is involved with the recovery process. This is accomplished through a scanning process that examines all of the page components such as text and cross-link tables.
- Name and Save: Following document analysis the program will ask you to create a name for the file and choose a location where you want to save the recovered file. Generally it is saved in the same folder as the original file except with a file name that allows you to distinguish the repaired file from the damaged file. You will also be prompted to save in a specific format which should be the same as the original.
- Data Extraction: Once you complete the previous step PDF repair tool will begin to extract all of the elements it identified during the analysis phase and then saves the data to the destination file that you previously chose. This is also known as an output file which is created via a fully automated process with no need for intervention from the user.
- Report: When the eRepair PDF has completed the extraction and recovery process it will generate a report that indicates the document objects that were identified and recovered as well as a comprehensive list of the status of recovery that includes dates, time, output file path, and each file processed during the recovery session.
About eRepair PDF
Since Portable Document Format is the standard format for distribution of electronic documents it is widely used on the Internet. This makes PDF documents even more susceptible to damage or corruption as a result of connection errors, encoding issues, and malicious files that hide on the Internet in addition to factors within your PC that can cause PDF files to become damaged. For these reasons and more it is a good idea to use the eRepair PDF which will help you save time and money recovering damaged PDF files. PDF repair tool does not require any specific knowledge but if you have any specific issues you can always forward the document to us for an in-depth analysis.